"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt
The Eleanor’s Legacy Associate Board, called the Innovation Council, was formed in late 2017 with a small group of committed young womxn looking to amplify the mission of recruiting, training, and funding pro-choice Democratic womxn throughout the state of New York.
Our Innovation Council holds quarterly meetings and social events throughout the year. They also receive special opportunities free of charge to further their skills, such as workshops with UCB Theatre, and specialized trainings by seasoned professionals from winning local and national campaigns.
Members commit to volunteering for womxn candidates and hosting low-dollar fundraisers.
If you’re a young professional passionate about New York state and local politics, looking to get involved, learn new skills, and expand your network, join us!
Innovation Council In Action!
- Joined a series of free-of-charge workshops to enhance their public speaking and storytelling skills with UCB Theatre.
- Volunteered for candidates like Shelley Mayer, Anna Kaplan, Jen Metzger, Karen Smythe, Tish James, Alessandra Biaggi, Jessica Ramos, Jessica González-Rojas, and more.
- Attended a free evening of conversation with Governor Howard Dean and Karine Jean-Pierre
- Volunteered at our annual events, such as our Spring Breakfast, Fall Luncheon, and Hamptons Reception, getting to hear from women leaders like Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton, US Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, US Senator Tammy Baldwin, New York Attorney General Tish James, Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul, Higher Heights founders Kimberly Peeler-Allen and Glynda C. Carr, Congresswoman Barbara Lee, US Senator Mazie Hirono, and many more.
- Raised critical funds through a partnership with Lingua Franca NYC, as well as hosting wellness events, dance classes, comedy nights, happy hours, and even a mini-golf classic.